1½ oz blended aged Jamaican rum1½ oz column still aged Puerto Rican rum1 oz 151-proof Demerara rum¾ oz lime juice½ oz Don’s mix½ oz falernum1 tsp grenadine syrup6 drops Pernod1 dash Angostura bitters
Put everything in (3 options):
- a shaker : with 6 oz (¾ cup) of crushed ice. Shake for no more than 10 seconds or until frost.
- a blender : with 6 oz (¾ cup) of crushed ice. Blend at high speed for 2-3 seconds.
- a drink mixer : with 12 oz (1½ cups) of crushed ice and 4-6 “agitator” cubes (small ice cubes). Flash blend for 3-4 seconds.
Pour unstrained into a zombie glass or collins glass. If necessary, add more crushed ice to fill.
Garnish with a mint sprig.
Also known as “Zombie”, “Original Zombie” or “1934 Zombie”.
- 2 parts white grapefruit juice
- 1 part cinnamon syrup (1:1)
Recommended rum combo :
- Appleton 8 or 12 or El Dorado 8, Don Q Añejo and Plantation O.F.T.D.
Beachbum Berry’s Sippin’ Safari, created by Don the Beachcomber’s (Hollywood, 1934)beachbumberry.com